Microsoft details its Teams updates for November
Microsoft has in-depth what they additional to their Groups app more than the month of November to make it extra palatable to enterprise people and in typical.
For admin people, Microsoft is producing it simpler to use PowerShell to manage teams, and has additional 23 PowerShell cmdlets to make staff simpler to administrate. The firm is also including system-dependent conditional aid for macOS, letting IT departments to manage Apple’s laptops with Intune and safe Groups knowledge.
Microsoft has also amplified the highest quantity of users in a staff to 2,500 users, letting for extra versatility.
There’s a lot extra that arrived down to Groups previous month, but here’s every little thing Microsoft chose to highlight:
- Control Microsoft Groups by using PowerShell –IT Experts constantly seem for ways to automate responsibilities and make daily functions more simple. In November, we introduced a new PowerShell module for Microsoft Groups that allows you to leverage PowerShell to configure and manage Groups.
The initially version of the Microsoft Groups module – version .nine. –includes 23 PowerShell cmdlets that make the administration of Groups simpler. You can use the cmdlets for example to automate the creation of teams and channels, to bulk edit people or to set selections these types of as a image, and member permissions. The PowerShell module for Groups is a massive stage in our attempts to enable you to manage Microsoft Groups extra correctly.
- Store your Groups knowledge domestically in the United kingdom –Safety, compliance and rely on is a large precedence for us. To help United kingdom clients in industries like banking, govt, community sector and healthcare handle their lawful, regulatory and compliance requires, Microsoft Groups now gives knowledge residency in the United kingdom. This signifies that new clients who have signed up for Groups after Nov 1st, 2017 immediately obtain the reward of having their knowledge saved in region.
- Assistance for conditional access on Macs –The macOS app for Microsoft Groups now supports system-dependent conditional access for Azure Active Listing and Intune. This allows IT admins to manage macOS equipment with Intune and generate guidelines to safe the knowledge in Groups and avert leakage on untrusted equipment. Utilizing conditional access guidelines, companies can for example prohibit access to Groups to equipment that comply with the company’s safety coverage or need multi-issue authentication.
- Cover a chat – You can now clean up previous or inactive chats from the chat checklist by hiding it. When you cover a chat, the chat will be taken out from the chat checklist whilst the chat background will continue to be retained. When you lookup for the human being or the chat at a later point, you will continue to be equipped to see the chat background and carry on the conversation.
- Depart a team chat – Team chats in Groups are a excellent way to talk with a team of individuals about matters that may well not be appropriate to all users of a staff. When you are portion of a team chat, it at times happens that the conversation evolves into a course that is much less significant to you. Or you may well have been additional to a team chat by mistake in the initially put. To help you in these eventualities, we have additional the capability for you to depart a team chat. To eliminate yourself from a team chat, click on the overflow menu subsequent to the chat and select Depart.You will continue to be equipped to access the chat history up until eventually the minute you left.
- Improved configurations and notifications
- Handle who can post in the Standard channel –When you generate a staff, a Standard channel is made for you immediately. A lot of companies use the Standard channel to share an overview of what the staff desires to achieve and to share other substantial-amount facts like a welcome presentation.
- Find new tabs extra quickly –Any time someone adds a new tab at the prime of a channel you belong to, you are going to see a New badge ideal subsequent to the tab title. It’ll disappear when you click into the tab or after the tab has been up and managing for a 7 days.
- More enhancements. In addition, we have also amplified the highest staff size to 2,500 users for every staff
Microsoft Groups is offered for Windows, Mac and World-wide-web people from the Groups internet site below.
Thanks for studying Microsoft details its Teams updates for November